Thank you to Kehilas Bais Yisroel for sharing their wonderful community cookbook with us for the Shabbos Table feature in our weekly newsletter – The Cholent. To get your own copy of the full cookbook click here.
Today’s recipe comes from Chani Stern
Fleishig Mushroom Barley Soup
- 4 Meat Bones
- 1 diced onion
- 2 small cans mushrooms, drained
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 8 cups water
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup barley
- 1/2 cup white beans
- 2 tablespoons onion soup mix
- black pepper, onion powder, garlic powder to taste
- In a 6-quart pot, sauté the meat bones together with the onion
- Add mushrooms and carrots, sauté for 10 minutes.
- Add water, barley, and beans.
- Bring the soup to a boil and simmer for 2 1/2 hours.
- Add onion soup mix, pepper, garlic and onion.
- Serve warm and enjoy!