Thank you to Kehilas Bais Yisroel for sharing their wonderful community cookbook with us for the Shabbos Table feature in our weekly newsletter – The Cholent. To get your own copy of the full cookbook click here.
Today’s recipe comes from Miriam Jacobs
- 1 bag romain lettuce
- 1/2 can (20 oz) Israeli pickles, diced
- 1/2 English cucumber, diced
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 8 fried or baked falafel balls, broken up
- 1/2 cup Italian dressing
- 1/4 cup hummus
- In a large bowl, toss lettuce, pickles, cucumbers, carrots, and cabbage.
- In a separate bowl, combine Italian dressing and hummus, mix well.
- Top salad with the falafel balls and dressing, mix well and serve.