Thank you to Kehilas Bais Yisroel for sharing their wonderful community cookbook with us for the Shabbos Table feature in our weekly newsletter – The Cholent. To get your own copy of the full cookbook click here.
Today’s recipe comes from Chani Stern
Mushroom and Onion Schnitzel
- 2 onions, sliced
- 16 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 1/2 lb chicken cutlets
- 1/2 cup flour (to coat chicken)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350
- Heat oil in a frying pan an saute onions until golden.
- Add mushrooms to pan.
- Meanwhile, pound chicken cutlets, coat in flour and arrange on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, whisk lemon juice, soy sauce and sugars together.
- Add onions and mushrooms.
- Pour sauce over chicken and bake for an additional 20 to 30 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink inside.