Time for another recipe to share for the Shabbos Table feature in our weekly newsletter! A healthy dose of balsamic vinegar packs this easy dish with flavor.
Today’s recipe comes from Deb Flomberg
Easy Balsamic Marinated Steak
- One skirt steak, approximately 2 pounds
- 4 cloves of garlic, smashed
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon dried ginger
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup good balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher Salt
- In a large bowl, mix together the garlic, rosemary, ginger, mustard, oil, honey and vinegar.
- Place the steak in an air-tight container (A ziplock bag works well) and pour the marinade over the steak to cover completely.
- Lay flat in a dish in the fridge and marinate for 30 – 45 minutes.
- Add a dash of olive oil to a cast iron skillet and heat on medium-high.
- Sear the steak on each side for 5 to 7 minutes or until done to your preference.
- Let meat rest for at least 5 minutes before slicing against the grain.
- Serve immediately